How to get rid of Blackheads?
What are blackheads?Blackheads are black spots that appear over the skin, specially on your nose, due to blockage of the pore of hair follicle. It can arise from bacteria, pollution, genetics and side effect of medications.
What causes Blackheads?The cause of blackheads is asociated with the hormones present in the body that stimulate the sebaceous glands that produce sebum. Sebum lubricates and hydrates the skin and specially the face. This is why most of the blackheads appear on the nose.
As the excess of sebum blocks the pores, they start to accumulate bacterias which create these spots. When in contact with air, the blackheads turn dark, because they have melanin which turns black with the air.
Is common to think that the cause of it is because blackheads are dirty, but it is not.
How to eliminate blackheads?1. Use honey and cinnamon: Mix one tablespoon of honey with half teaspoon of cinnamon. Using the fingers, apply it over the dry skin. Massage it in circular motion for 3 minutes, and wash clean with warm water. Honey is a natural antibiotic which works great to remove the dirt from the open pores.
2. Clay mask: Different kinds of cosmetic clay are available in the market. It comes in powdered form, each having its own specification to remove the unwanted residue and dry out oily pores. Mix one tablespoon of powdered clay with sufficient apple cider vinegar to make a paste. Apply this paste over the face and leave it for about 15 minutes until it hardens. Rinse off with warm water.
3. Cleanse with oatmeal and yogurt: Lactic acid present in the yogurt that is effective in treating blackheads. Make a paste with 3 tablespoons yogurt, a few drops lemon juice and olive oil, and two tablespoons whole oats. Mix well and apply it to the skin. Allow it to set for 10 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water.
4. Exfoliate with lemon and salt: Lemon mixed with salt helps to remove the grime buried inside the pores. Mix lemon juice, a tablespoon of salt, a tablespoon of yogurt, and some honey. Apply this to scrub the blackhead-affected areas for about 3 minutes, and then rinse with warm water.
5. Use baking soda to exfoliate: Baking soda is a natural cleanser which helps to clear away dead skin cells. Add baking soda and little water to make a paste, and then gently rub in a circular motion over the entire surface of the face. If blackheads are more over a particular area, apply a thick coating of the paste to the affected region for 10 minutes and rinse off.
6. Pore cleansing strips: These come as little strips of cotton material along with a sticky solution that dries on the face after application. Apply the strip on moist skin, and wait 15 min then pull them off quickly.
7. Try a home-made facial peel: Gels with salicylic acid helps to remove the dead skin and dirt trapped in the pores. Apply a thin layer to the affected region for some time till it sets, and then rinse off with warm water.
8. Get a facial: Get a facial done once or twice a month by any professional person or dermatologist will help to clean the skin with time.